We are committed to giving you the best possible service. This charter sets out the quality standards we attempt to achieve so that you know the levels of service you can expect.
- You will be treated as a partner in the care and attention you receive.
- You will be given courtesy and respect at all times irrespective of your ethnic origin, religious beliefs, personal attributes or the nature of your health problems.
- Following discussion, you will be given the most appropriate care, given by suitably qualified people. No care or treatment will be given without your informed consent.
- You have the right to see your health records (subject to any limitations in law) which will be kept confidential.
- We will give you full information about the services we offer. Every effort will be made to ensure that you receive any information which directly affects your health and the care being offered.
- All staff involved will be identifiable by name.
- When attending surgery you will be informed of any excessive delays.
- The practice is committed to monitoring the care given to you by secondary care organisations such as hospitals.
- Your comments, suggestions or complaints about our service are taken seriously. We will respond to written complaints within 3 working days.