Repeat prescriptions are normally for patients with long-term conditions who receive regular treatment. Your doctor (or nurse practitioner) will decide who can have a repeat prescription.
You can order you repeat prescription:
- Online via the link at the top of this page. New users are required to complete a simple registration.
- By phoning the practice on 01977 644850 between 11:00 and 13:00.
- By coming into the surgery and filling out a prescription request form.
- By posting your request with a stamped addressed envelope for its return (please allow time for delays in the post).
Local Chemists offer a home delivery service for the housebound.
Non-urgent advice: Notice
Please note, with effect from 1st August 2014 our practice will no longer be accepting repeat prescription requests from chemists. Please click below for further information.
Electronic Prescription Service
The Electronic Prescription Service allows you to choose or “nominate” a pharmacy to get your medicines or appliances from. Your GP then sends your prescription electronically to the place you nominated. this means:
- If you collect your repeat prescriptions from your GP you will not have to visit your GP practice to pick up your paper prescription, saving time.
- You will have more choice about where to get your medicines from because they can be collected from a pharmacy near to where you live, work or shop.
- You may not have to wait as long as your repeat prescriptions could be prepared before you arrive.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.