Our Flu Vaccine Clinics have commenced. Please contact the surgery on 01977 644850 to book an appointment, or to arrange a home visit if you are housebound.
Are you Eligible for a Flu Vaccine?
The following groups are eligible for flu vaccination (2019/20) as part of free NHS care:
- Those aged 65 years and over on or before 31 March 2020.
- All children aged 2 and 3 years of age on 31 August 2019 (dob between 1/09/2015 and 31/08/2017).
- All children in primary school.
- Pregnant women.
- People living in long-stay residential care homes or other long-stay facilities.
- Those aged 6 months to under 65 in clinical risk groups including:
Chronic long term respiratory disease.
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or bronchitis.
Chronic heart disease such as heart failure.
Chronic liver disease.
Chronic kidney disease at stage three, four or five.
Chronic neurological disease such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease or learning disability.
A weakened immune system due to disease (such as HIV/AIDS) or treatment (such as cancer), including their household contacts.
Not Eligible for a Flu Vaccine?
Even if you are not eligible for a free flu vaccine under the NHS, you can obtain the flu vaccine from many pharmacies and supermarkets, for a small charge.