Products Not Available for Prescription
Posted by: marcia - Posted on:
The following products are not available on prescription in the Wakefield District
- Sunscreen for skin protection from UV radiation.
- Cream for unwanted facial hair and other products that are mainly for cosmetic purposes.
- Emollient (moisturiser) for minor skin conditions.
- Camouflage products eg make-up for port wine stain birthmarks.
- Multivitamins, where no specific deficiency has been identified.
- Expensive brands of medicines if a suitable ‘generic’ alternative is available which costs less.
- Soya and thickened infant formula (baby milk).
- Infant formula (baby milk) for lactose intolerance.
- Gluten free food products. Please see Gluten Free flyer for more information.
For further information, please see refer to: Advice for patients leaflet.